Wednesday 19 June 2013

The best ice cream place ever...


About a week ago I was in Camden having lunch at Byron's hamburgers when my friend asked if I had ever been to Chin Chin Labs. At first I had absolutely no idea what it was and I was very intrigued as visions of a weird science laboratory flashed in my mind. It actually turned out to be a little place in Camden that make ice cream using liquid nitrogen. I know that initially sounds crazy and at first I was sceptical too but by the time we got there the queue was out the door! I have to say that the ice cream was exceptional. There are only about 2 permanent flavours and one or two weekly specials which are changed regularly. The current one is peanut butter popcorn, my mouth water just thinking of it. 




There are a number of crazy toppings to choose from, ranging from popping candy, grilled white chocolate and green tea peanut brittle to caramelised pretzels! These are also available in sperate packets to buy and take home. There are also three sauces to choose from, these are far more regular than the toppings, they consist of salted caramel, raspberry and chocolate sauce. 

The feel of the place is lively with the open plan lab, as you wait to make your order, you can see the laboratorists making the ice cream right in front of you, with occasional dramatic clouds of liquid nitrogen freezing and orders being called out, the atmosphere is bustling and welcoming. I think I have found my new favourite dessert place in london, I will definitely be returning


...

No comments:

Post a Comment